Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Oh No! Oh My! @ Underlying Themes, Lexington KY 5/8/06

If you've been reading iGIF for a while, you've undoubtedly seen many posts about Oh No! floating around. Aside from the money they give me for posting about them (I wish!), Oh No! Oh My! has easily entered my domain of favorite bands. I would think my enthusiastic posts on these guys should be some sort of a clue as to why I enjoy them so much. They're full of energy and spunk in all the songs they make and those deadly combinations only amplify when they're playing live.

For a band that has only played 2 shows prior to their Lexington show, both of which were acoustic sets inside coffee houses, they managed to take over the show and draw a large crowd. They breezed through their set with adoration from an energetic audience that only stood up for their act and their act alone. Witty banter ran amok between the band members, most of which came from their friend from Texas (Evan) who also busted out some crazy dance moves whilst playing guitar.


Below are two acoustic tracks I managed to capture with the audio from my video camera. Greg was singing and playing without a mic/amp (as pictured below) so if it sounds shoddy...uhh sorry? You can also watch a 4-minute video clip that I managed to capture before my camera lost video capabilities. It's a clip of the band before playing their set, so it may bore some but I had fun taping and watching it. Then of course there are some pictures posted with a ton more on the next page! Enjoy the multimedia frenzy below!

[MP3] Oh No! Oh My! - The Party Punch (Acoustic/Live @ Underlying Themes)
[MP3] Oh No! Oh My! - Walk In The Park (Acoustic/Live @ Underlying Themes)

[MOVIE] Oh No! Oh My! - Pre-Show Snippets






Just look at those dance moves!







After their set and a crazy performance by Ryland of The Robot Ate Me, Matt from YANP, Oh No!, and myself went to a local 24-hour joint called Tolly Ho. Those that reside in Lexington know of the infamous Ho and it's many crazy drunkards that stroll in at 2 AM. We witnessed the very physical arrest of a frat guy for public urination, a band of hooligans come in screaming, talked of musical show tunes, and the dramatic events inside the blog world. All in all it was a great show and a great night; if you ever get the chance to see Oh No! Oh My! I would highly recommend checking them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home